To use the services of Janet’s Ancestry Research it will be necessary to collect certain information or data from you when you fill in the online forms we have provided.
We may collect:
- Correspondence, questions, queries, information submitted by yourself or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Janet’s Ancestry Research
- Your email address and subscription preferences if you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on.
We may use this information to .
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- Respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
4 Send email alerts to customers who request them
Where your data is stored
We will use Gmail to correspond with our clients. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this. We will store your email address as a contact in our Gmail account.
As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service.
Keeping your data secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. If you feel unsure about using email, we can always correspond by post instead.
Any data you send is at your own risk.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so, or if we have to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
You have the right to ask us what information we hold about you and ask us not to use any of the information we have collected should you decide not to proceed with your search.
If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to
Links to other websites
Janet’s Ancestry Research contains links to other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to Janet’s Ancestry Research from another website
Janet’s Ancestry Research will take all practicable precautions not to intentionally send you any spam or malicious data, and we promise not to sell on or pass your data to any third parties.